This was founded in 1942 and is one of the largest Polish libraries outside Poland.
The library is a member of the Permanent Conference of Polish Museums, Archives and Libraries in the West – MAB and the Council for Slavonic and East European Library and Information Services – COSEELIS.
About the Library
The Library specialises in collecting community publications. The book collection consists of community and national publications with a humanistic profile, polonica, conradiana, manuscripts, archives of private persons and community institutions and organizations, community and national magazines, bulletins and announcements of community organizations, “underground” publications, maps, sheet music, photographs, paintings and drawings. The library also collects documents of the social life of emigrants (invitations, one-day newsletters, event programmes, exhibition catalogues, posters, etc).